Editor's Choice: Scroll below for our monthly blend of mainstream and alternative news and views for April 2017
Trump Tax Plan
Washington Post, Trump’s dramatic tax overhaul calls for sharply lower rates for individuals, businesses, Damian Paletta, April 26, 2017. The proposal — a one-page outline that leaves key details incomplete — would also eliminate key tax breaks. It would reduce the number of income tax brackets from seven to three, and lower the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 15 percent. To offset some of the cost of the lower rates, Trump administration officials said they were proposing to eliminate virtually all tax deductions that Americans claim, provisions that they argued primarily benefited wealthier Americans. Cohn said they would preserve tax breaks that incentivize homeownership, retirement savings and charitable giving. But almost all others would be jettisoned.
Washington Post, What the tax proposal means for the rich, for the world and for you, Max Ehrenfreund, April 26, 2017. The White House plan included no legislative text or detailed outline, but instead a brief statement on how Trump plans revamp of the tax code, leaving many unanswered questions.
Radical House Members Endorse GOP Trumpcare Plan
Washington Post, Freedom Caucus endorses latest Republican plan to revise Obamacare, Elise Viebeck, Kelsey Snell and David Weigel, ...
The Justice Integrity Project (JIP) researches official misconduct
Get New Articles by Email
Broadcast and lecture audiences can count on the Project's director to deliver blunt, entertaining and cutting-edge commentary about public affairs, with practical tips for the millions of Americans caught up in unfair litigation or regulation.
Based in Washington, DC, Andrew Kreig is an accomplished fighter for the public interest. Learn from his decades of reporting, analysis and advocacy:
• Shocking tales of recent corruption, deception and cover-up by both parties in communities ranging from small towns to world capitals; and
• Practical how-to tips for reformers on action that brings real-world results.
Past News Reports
- April 2017 News Reports
- March 2017 News Reports
- February 2017 News Reports
- January 2017 News Reports
- December 2016 News Reports
- November 2016 News Reports
- October 2016 News Reports
- September 2016 News Reports
- August 2016 News Reports
- July 2016 News Reports
- June 2016 News Reports
- May 2016 News Reports
- April News Reports 2016
- March 2016 News Reports
- February 2016 News Reports
- January 2016 News Reports
Find a Post
- Alabama Blogger, Not Mainstream Media, Exposed State House Scandal
- Conniving Supreme Court Gorsuch Backers Deserved Tough Tactics
- At CAPA Forum, JFK Experts See Need, Momentum For Assassination Records
- Senators Must Block Trump Labor Pick Until They Review Evidence Of Teen Sex Trafficking Cover Up, Other Scandals
- Did Trump's Labor Pick Protect Trump, Rich Rapists, Tax Cheats, Crooked Bankers?